Saturday, January 14, 2012

Trying to follow a legacy

I think I've have ignored this blog for almost more than a year.

There so much that has happened, but nothing compares to losing my dear beloved father on the 5th of January. It went like this, I was in Cyberjaya office preparing to head home around 6+ when my brother called saying my dad has collapsed in the Ipoh Swimming Club gym. I was shocked by knowing how strong my father is, I'm still certain he will snap out of it. Nevertheless, I still quickly packed up my things and headed home as fast as possible to make the journey back to Ipoh.

During the journey, I was still trying to reassure myself, my dad will be fine. But somehow, a called from my mother to my brother changed all that. Suddenly I felt scared and I had this feeling coming over me which I couldn't explain. Once we left the Ipoh toll, my worse fears are finally confirmed. My dad has left us. Something that we wouldn't in a million years believe would happen so soon.

Once we reached home, we saw a sobbing grandmother and maid. We still tried to be strong. No long after that, my mother followed the van back with my dad's body. The sight of my motionless dad is really heart wrenching, you could literally feel your heart smashed into a million pieces. Throughout my dad's life, he has never been someone to stay still, you could always see him busy with something, so my father lying on a "bed" motionless is really a sight we never ever saw before.

Since we're doing a chinese funeral service for my dad, we (both sons) are required to help suit-up my dad for the final journey. That inital touch of our hands to his ice cold body is something that I will never forget.
No matter how strong we tried to be prior to this, that moment of feeling his ice cold body, instantly teared down whatever wall we tried to put up. Tears following non stop and heart wrenching.

The funeral service lasted for 2 days until 8th January 2012 (Sunday). Now my dad's final resting place is in Bercham's Kek Lok Seh temple.

Since my dad's passing, I'm been trying to retrace things that he has been doing everyday whether at home or at the office. Sitting in his office chair, I hope I will be able to continue his legacy that he has left behind. Everywhere in Ipoh I go, I never fail to remember things that we done together. I really miss him very much.

Baba, I hope you're in a better place right now, thank you for caring for us unconditionally for your whole life. It's time for your deserved rest i guess. You'll be forever remembered.

Love,
Your Son.

No comments: